Shelter in Place
Sheltering in Place simply means staying indoors to protect yourself from a hazardous outdoor atmosphere. Shelter in Place is for those situations in which it’s safer for faculty, staff and students to remain indoors rather than evacuate due to chemical, biological or other incident. Campus Safety will notify the campus by phone, text, email or personal notification to Shelter in Place when circumstances dictate.
If given the order to Shelter in Place, please take the following steps.
- Remain indoors, go to interior windowless rooms if possible.
- Close and lock all windows, close blinds.
- Close doors.
- Keep calm and wait for instructions.
- Campus Safety and/or Facilities staff may turn off HVAC systems.
- Campus Safety will notify when all clear.