All graduates will be purchasing caps/gowns and other graduation items through Barnes & Noble Book stores on the Campus where they will be participating in the Commencement Ceremony. The Grad Fair will be held on each campus from April 11-16. Look for details posted on each campus.
Information for all Baker College undergraduate students:
Application for Graduation
Accurate completion of the graduation application is vital for the preparation of your diploma and the posting of your graduation to the permanent record of the College. The application can be completed online at www.baker.edu/graduation.
- Graduates who achieve a 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher are awarded a special distinction at graduation; 3.9-4.0 Summa Cum Laude (gold cord); 3.70-3.89 Magna Cum Laude (silver cord); and 3.50-3.69 Cum Laude (white cord). Unofficial honor status for undergraduates for the spring graduation ceremony will be based on the student’s GPA at the time graduation materials are prepared. If a graduate’s status changes after the final audit, the graduate may obtain the appropriate honor cord.
- Students graduating from Baker College who are serving or have served in the military will receive recognition cords (red/white/blue cord).
Students who graduated from programs during the fall 2015, winter 2016, spring 2016 and summer 2016 quarters may participate in the 2016 ceremony. Spring 2016 quarter students may participate if all required classes will be completed by the end of the spring 2016 quarter. Summer 2016 quarter students may also walk if all courses will be completed at the end of that quarter. Note: Students who are not enrolled in all classes required for graduation may be denied participation in the ceremony.
Diplomas and certificates will be mailed approximately eight weeks after program completion. If a balance is owed to the college the diploma will be held until the obligation is satisfied.
Prior to leaving Baker College, student loan borrowers are required by government regulations to complete an Exit Loan Counseling session. To begin your exit counseling session at the Department of Education’s web site, click here: Exit Loan Counseling.
Commencement Day is a proud occasion; please dress to impress! Jeans, shorts, t-shirts, flip flops, casual sandals and athletic shoes are not appropriate.
2016 Commencement Ceremony Information
- Graduation will be held on Saturday June 11, 2016 at 11:00 AM at USA Hockey Arena (formerly Compuware Arena), 14900 Beck Road, Plymouth Twp., MI 48170. Graduates and their guests should plan on arriving at USA Hockey Arena by 10:15 AM on graduation day in order to allow time for parking, seating of guests and processional line up for the graduates.
- Flowers will be available for purchase at USA Hockey Arena the day of the ceremony.
- For additional information, please contact: Alisha Harden, 313.425.3869 or Michelle Maxfield, 313.425.3750.
- Graduation will be held on Friday, June 17, 2016 at The Apostolic Church of Auburn Hills, on Squirrel Road just north of Tienken Road. The address is 3655 N. Squirrel, Auburn Hills, 48326.
- 4:00 pm: Health Sciences
- 7:00 pm: MBA, Business, Education, Human Services and Technical (including Graphic Communication)
- Due to seating at the ceremony venue, each graduate is welcome to invite a maximum of ten guests to the commencement.
- Graduation will be held on Friday, June 10, 2016 at Resurrection Life Church, 9127 E Road in Cadillac.4:00 PM for Health Sciences and 7:00 PM for all other programs.
- Spring and summer graduates must complete a graduation application two weeks prior to the ceremony to be included in the printed graduation program.
- Childcare will be provided and is strongly encourage for children under five years of age as seating at both ceremonies is limited.
- Graduates should arrive no later than 30 minutes prior to their ceremony
- More information will be mailed to graduates in April.
- Contact Brian Golden (231) 876-3103 with questions.
Cass City and Flint
- Graduation for both campuses will be held on Sunday, June 12, 2016, at 1:00 PM at the Dort Federal Credit Union Event Center (formerly known as Perani Arena and Event Center), located at 3501 Lapeer Rd. Flint, MI 48503.
- A photographer will be taking professional portraits throughout the ceremony. Information for ordering photos will be available at the graduation ceremony.
- If you have questions please contact Amy Savage at 810-766-4147 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clinton Township and Port Huron
- Graduation for both campuses will be held on Saturday, June 11, 2016 at 10:00 AM at Bethesda Christian Church, 14000 Metropolitan Parkway in Sterling Heights.
- All students participating in the ceremonies will receive a letter and email in mid-April with information regarding the ceremony. *The mailing address and email address in Solar will be used.
- Graduation will be held Friday, June 10, 2016 at 7:00pm, at Jackson High School Auditorium. Graduates must arrive no later than 6pm for line-up and instructions. Guest seating is on a first come-first seated basis. Access to the auditorium begins at 6:00 pm. Lines will form outside the auditorium prior.
- All students participating in the ceremony will receive a packet with specific information about the ceremony.
- Due to seating at the ceremony venue, each graduate is welcome to invite a maximum of four guests to the commencement. All Guests MUST have a ticket to secure a seat; this includes all children.
- Professional Photographs will be taken before and during the ceremony.
- Contacts regarding the graduation ceremony are Laura Macklin, Academic Division Specialist, (517) 780-4542, email@example.com, Nancy Hill, Dean of Developmental/General Education, (517) 780-4569, firstname.lastname@example.org or Jennifer Miller, Coldwater Campus Director, (517) 781-4484,email@example.com.
- Graduation will be held Friday, June 10, 2016, at 7:00 p.m. at the L.C. Walker arena, 955 Fourth Street, Muskegon. No tickets are necessary. Guest seating is on a first come-first seated basis. Access to the Arena begins at 6 p.m. Line will form outside the Arena prior..
- The contact regarding the graduation ceremony is Sherry Begue, Administrative Assistant for Financial Services, (231) 777-5246., firstname.lastname@example.org.
On-Line/Center for Graduate Studies
- Graduation will be held on Friday June 3, 2016 at 7:00 pm at Whiting Auditorium, 1241 East Kearsley Street, Flint MI 48503. No tickets are necessary. Guest seating is on a first come-first seated basis. Access to the auditorium begins at 6:30 pm. Lines will form outside the auditorium prior. If the auditorium fills, the doors will be closed and no one else will be allowed in.
- Honors are issued at the undergraduate level only.
- Professional photographs will be taken at Ceremony.
- Reserve your Commencement Flowers ahead of time and flowers will be available at your Commencement Site. Pre-order thru the following Baker College website: www.CommencementFlowers.com/index.php/BakerGrad OR Commencement Flowers will be available for purchase at the Whiting Auditorium the day of the ceremony.
- Contact regarding the graduation ceremony is Marlene Ewing, Academic Services Associate, (810) 766-2106, email@example.com.
- Graduation will be held Friday, June 10, 2016 at the Dort Federal Credit Union Event Center (formerly Perani Arena and Event Center). The ceremony will begin promptly at 5:30 pm. Graduates need to arrive for line-up and instructions no later than 4:15 pm.
- All students participating will receive a letter in early April with specifics about the ceremony. Tickets will NOT be issued and graduates can bring as many guests as they would like.
- Contacts regarding the graduation ceremony: