Accounting (AB) Program
Select an item below for more information.
Program Waiver / Handbook
Program Mission & Outcomes
Intended Student Learning Outcomes – College of Business – IACBE Accredited Programs
Mission of College of Business: The Mission of the College of Business is to enable graduates to meet the challenges of the dynamic and complex business environment. Our quality-focused, market-driven, and rigorous program curricula will establish and enhance core business knowledge and the ability to anticipate and react to societal changes, as well as provide students with technological proficiency, the ability to make ethical decisions, and the communication skills that embody the professional acumen graduates need to make positive contributions to their chosen fields.
Broad-Based Student Learning Goals of College of Business
- Students will acquire the relevant disciplinary knowledge and competencies appropriate to their programs of study.
- Students will demonstrate behaviors and attitudes that promote success in the workplace.
- Students will demonstrate effective communication (both written and oral), including the use of technology, in various environment and situations.
- Students will acquire critical thinking skills including analysis and synthesis both within the career field and for the purpose of life-long learning.
- Students will acquire relevant knowledge, which includes an understanding of cultural, social, political, and global issues.
- Students will acquire the knowledge and demonstrate the ability to follow and support the ethical standards of their profession.
Broad-Based Operational Goals of College of Business
- The College of Business will offer significant project based and active learning opportunities for students.
- The College of Business will offer highly effective programs and delivery systems degree that prepare students to be career ready.
- The College of Business will provide students opportunity to advance critical thinking skills and the use of technology.
- The College of Business will attract and retain career oriented faculty who are experts in their field.
General Program ISLOs:
Associate of Business Administration
- Students will be able to describe the introductory concepts, basic theories, and fundamental practices in the principal functional areas of business.
- Students will be able to demonstrate proficiency in (written and oral communication) and use current technology in support of business administration and decision making.
- Students will apply relevant business knowledge to their field of study.
Accounting – Associate of Business
- Students will be able to implement accounting concepts, principles, standards, and processes.
- Students will be able to integrate technology into work processes.
- Students will be able to use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
(Last updated on March 2, 2017)
Outcomes Assessment Plan
Outcomes Assessment Plan - March 2017
Course Student Learning Outcomes
Suggested Academic Plan
Background Check Requirements
No Background Check required.
Additional Program Information
Please see your Program Director for additional program information.
Clinical / Work Experience Information
For information about when to apply, how to apply, and application requirements, please visit our Work Experience Information web page.
Do you need Health Insurance coverage? If yes, please visit the Healthcare.gov marketplace site.